I made this.

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The long-heralded history of tamob

Welcome friends and family (because those are clearly the only people who would even have the slightest passing interest in what might spray out of my mind/mouth/fingers) to tamob. Please allow me to begin this inaugural post by saying how disgusted I am that I have come to the point in my life that I think a blog would be merited.
I enjoy writing and I think that the most influential person in my beginning of this blog would be my boy Slim. On Monday, March 23, 2009 at 4:39:56 AM, Slim said (typed) to me, and I quote, "You should start a Blogspot. People might read it." That type of confidence in not only myself, but also my potential fan base speaks paragraphs to the type of friendship we have. So, as any good friend would do, I ignored his suggestion with a passion usually reserved for consuming flapjacks on a Sunday morning, until this very fateful morning! Be proud, dear readers, for you are witnessing history. Not exciting history, like the fall of the Berlin Wall or the breathtaking history of Canada, but history nevertheless. And seriously, eat it up while it's here; this may not last for long, especially if my circumstances pick up.
But today, at roughly 11 AM, while doing my laundry (that's right, I do my own laundry; go ahead and pencil that information into the "pros" column, ladies) a thought arose in my cabeza! I thought to myself, I have nothing of consequence going on right now, why don't I "join the herd" as it were and start a blog. How delightfully original! Hence, a new blog was born, similar to but altogether quite different from The Six Million Dollar Man.
A disclaimer, as we come to the close of this first Herculean post: you have probably noticed the lack of emoticons and the "clever" use of single letters to represent a whole world. In case you were worried, but were simply too engrossed in the writing to check whether that was true or not (you probably made a note to yourself, with directions stating that you should go back over the blog after the reading to make sure these word-tricks weren't there), allow me to save you the time: I did not use those things. I refuse to contribute to the dumbing-down of America (let's be honest, nobody outside America reads this blog; I question whether anyone inside America will read it. . . .) and youth in general. So, if you are willing to follow this blog, I will let you know this: from time to time you will be forced to think or contemplate. I do not promise that I will regularly coerce your mind into mental calisthenics or make you think, but I do hope that you enjoy this blog for more reasons than the occasional reference to a monkey.
I realize I have probably broken the rules for a blog, stipulating that they should be short, but I'm a bit of a renegade, and being such I break rules once in a while. I am, however, trying to keep it to a small scale. I've had bad experiences breaking bigger rules.
Thanks. I can't promise that all my blogs will be so cheery and uplifting. Let's go on a journey together with words.
Ben

(Following the popular trend with blogs, I offer for the enjoyment of the reader a thought-provoking, accurate quote from a famous individual.)

"Excuse me."
-Benjamin Franklin, overweight, bespectacled kite enthusiast.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out man. I feel honored to have influenced you so. I have to be honest this is the first time reading your blog...but you will be happy to know I just read all of them in the time it took to listen to every single one of our Sound Design projects in class and take a midterm test. Keep up the writing.

    ReplyDelete